If you are experiencing a mold problem in your home, then you've come to the right place. We here at www.moldremovalcertified.com will help you better understand what causes mold and get you headed towards a solution. Having mold in your home can seem like a headache, but it can be remedied. The most important thing is that you want to address it as early as possible so that it will be easier to remove. If the mold has been an ongoing problem, there are still solutions; it will just take more time and effort.
Mold is a type of fungus that is present in our natural environment and can be found almost anywhere. Typically it can grow on any organic substance as long as oxygen and moisture are present. Some of the surfaces where mold can grow include: wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. The main reason that mold occurs is due to an accumulation of excessive moisture, which can worsen if not discovered or addressed. Eventually, the moisture and mold will damage whatever it is growing on, which may include both building materials and personal belongings. Additionally mold can pose a serious risk to your health. The health effects from exposure to mold vary depending on the person and the amount of mold present. Even if it is not a dangerous mold, it is always best to get it removed promptly and address the root cause.
Sometimes mold is visibly obvious, but other times it may go undetected if it is in an obscure part of your home. Besides visually spotting mold, you may also notice a distinct odor that would indicate the presence of mold. The odor is usually earthy or musty like. When looking for mold, keep in mind it varies in color and texture. It may appear as white, gray, brown, black, yellow or green in color. The textures may include: cottony, velvety, granular, or leathery in nature. Always be aware of any signs of excess moisture or water damage in your home, especially after rainstorms or any other event that may have caused excess moisture, such as a leak or standing water. Basements are a prime area for mold growth due to the damp and dark conditions, so be sure to periodically check your basement. Many times if you live on low ground, your basement will be more susceptible to having problems with water in the basement. Also check for mold in bathrooms where moisture is constantly present. Keep this area as dry as possible to avoid mold by airing out the room and using disinfectants and cleaning products targeted for mold in showers and sinks.
Mostly we want to stress that if you think you have mold in your home, don’t be afraid to have an expert check it out. Don’t make cost an issue when it is possible that the mold could be dangerous. We want you to be safe and we will explore some ways to get rid of mold in your home.